MOCHACCINO CUPCAKES W/COFFEE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
Jo Anne Sugimoto
1 boxdevil's food cake mix
1 1/3 cstrong brewed coffee
1/2 cvegetable oil
1/4 csour cream
1/2 boxinstant chocolate pudding (approx. 1/4 cup)
COFFEE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
1 cbutter, softened
2 lbsifted powdered sugar
1/4 cheavy cream (approx.)
2 tspinstant coffee granules
How to Make MOCHACCINO CUPCAKES W/COFFEE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- Prepare cake according to the instructions on the box, substituting the water with coffee.
- Add the sour cream and pudding, mix well.
- Pour the batter into prepped 12-cup lined cupcake pan. Fill 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, do a toothpick test, if it comes out clean, it's done.
- Remove from oven onto a cooling wire rack to cool.
- Dissolve instant coffee in heavy whipping cream.
- Beat shortening and butter together until smooth. Slowly add heavy whipping cream/coffee mixture. Beat on high speed until fluffy.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached.
- Be sure that the cupcakes are cooled completely. Frost or pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes.