Mocha Coffee Cake
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 ccocoa, unsweetened
2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
2 stickbutter, unsalted (softened)
2 tspvanilla extract
4 largeeggs (at room temperature)
3/4 ccold brew coffee
How to Make Mocha Coffee Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, Butter two 9-inch round cake pans or one 13" x 9" cake pan and line with parchment
- In a medium sized bowl, sift together the all of the dry ingredients
- In a large mixing bowl, with and electric mixer at medium speed cream together butter and sugar. This mixture shoul be pale and fluffy.
- Once mixture is pale and fluffy, beat in the vanilla. Beat in the eggs one at a time scraping down the side of the bowl after each addition.
- At low speed add in the cold brew coffe, water, and buttermilk until just blended. The batter will look curdled at this point.
- On low speed, add the flour mixture in three batches until just incorporated.
- Spread batter evenly in the pan(s). Rap each of the pan(s) on the counter several times to eliminate all air bubbles .
- Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes or until tooth pick comes out of the center of the cake clean.