Mocha Cheesecake (oven version)
Rev BJ Friley
Prep time: 30 min.
Chilling time: 45 min.
Baking time: 40 min.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 cchocolate wafers, firmly crushed
1/2 Tbspgranulated sugar
2squares (1 oz. each) sweet chocolate
2 pkg(8 oz. each) cream cheese
2 to 3 tspinstant coffee
·8-inch springform pan
·chocolate cookies, for garnish
·mint leaves, for garnish
·raspberries or other berries, for garnish
·chocolate leaves, for garnish
How to Make Mocha Cheesecake (oven version)
- For Chocolate Leaves, melt 1 ounce semisweet chocolate in microwave at MEDIUM HIGH (70%) power for about 2 minutes. Brush cleaned and dried real leaves with chocolate. Place on paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze until firm. Peel off real leaves. Return chocolate leaves to freezer until ready to use.
- Preparation: Combine wafer crumbs, butter and sugar.
- Butter sides and bottom of an 8-inch springform pan.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over hot, but not boiling water.
- Stir until smooth.
- Set aside, but keep hot and melted.
- Beat cream cheese until soft and smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time to cream cheese.
- Gradually add sugar, mixing well until blended.
- Add melted chocolate, instant coffee and salt.
- Stir until blended.
- Turn mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake cake at 350 degrees F in center of oven for about 40 minutes or until cake center is almost set. It will firm when chilled.
- Let cheesecake cool on counter for about 45 minutes.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Garnish with chocolate leaves and/or fresh raspberries.