Mocha Cheesecake (oven version)
Rev BJ Friley
Prep time: 30 min.
Chilling time: 45 min.
Baking time: 40 min.
- 1 1/2 c
- chocolate wafers, firmly crushed
- 1/3 c
- 1/2 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
- squares (1 oz. each) sweet chocolate
- 2 pkg
- (8 oz. each) cream cheese
- 3/4 c
- 2 to 3 tsp
- instant coffee
- 1 dash(es)
- 8-inch springform pan
- chocolate cookies, for garnish
- mint leaves, for garnish
- raspberries or other berries, for garnish
- chocolate leaves, for garnish
How to Make Mocha Cheesecake (oven version)
- 1For Chocolate Leaves, melt 1 ounce semisweet chocolate in microwave at MEDIUM HIGH (70%) power for about 2 minutes. Brush cleaned and dried real leaves with chocolate. Place on paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze until firm. Peel off real leaves. Return chocolate leaves to freezer until ready to use.
- 2Preparation: Combine wafer crumbs, butter and sugar.
- 3Butter sides and bottom of an 8-inch springform pan.
- 4Melt chocolate in a double boiler over hot, but not boiling water.
- 5Stir until smooth.
- 6Set aside, but keep hot and melted.
- 7Beat cream cheese until soft and smooth.
- 8Add eggs, one at a time to cream cheese.
- 9Gradually add sugar, mixing well until blended.
- 10Add melted chocolate, instant coffee and salt.
- 11Stir until blended.
- 12Turn mixture into prepared pan.
- 13Bake cake at 350 degrees F in center of oven for about 40 minutes or until cake center is almost set. It will firm when chilled.
- 14Let cheesecake cool on counter for about 45 minutes.
- 15Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 16Remove sides of pan.
- 17Garnish with chocolate leaves and/or fresh raspberries.