Mocha-Caramel Cappuccino Cupcakes
- 2 c
- all purpose flour ( i used cake flour and it turned out really light and fluffy)
- 1 1/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 c
- hot water
- 2/3 c
- unsweetened coco powder
- 4 tsp
- instant espresso coffee powder or granules
- 3/4 c
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- (of an 8oz)cream cheese, softned
- (of an 8oz) cream cheese, softned
- 2 c
- cool whip
- 3 Tbsp
- powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- mini chocolate chips or regular chopped up chocolate chips
- caramel syrup for topping
How to Make Mocha-Caramel Cappuccino Cupcakes
- 1Heat oven to 350 ( 325 for dark or non stick pans). Line cupcake pan with liners
In med bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder & salt, set aside. In a small bowl, mix coco powder, 4tsp of coffee & hot water, until dissolved, set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, beat shortening with electric mixer on medium speed 30 seconds. Gradually adding sugar, about 1/2c at a time, beating well after each addition & scraping bowl occasionally.
- 3Beat 2 minutes longer. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. On low speed, alternately add flour mixture, a little at a time, & cocoa mixture, about half at a time, beating just until blended.
Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each with about ½c batter or until two-thirds full.
- 4Bake 20 to 25 minutes (if using dark pans bake 30-35 minutes)or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan; place on cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 5In a small deep bowl, beat whipping cream, powdered sugar and ¾tsp coffee powder with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
To serve, place each cupcake in a coffee cup, if desired. Top each with about 3tbsp whipped cream; sprinkle with 1tsp chocolate chips and drizzle with 1tsp caramel topping.
Note: You will probably need a tall glass or milk with this very moist and rich cupcake.