1 1/2 cbutter, softened
1 1/3 ccoconut, flaked
2/3 ccocoa, unsweetened
1 1/2 cpecans, chopped
1 1/2 cflour
1 tspbaking powder
12 ozmarshmallow cream
3 3/4 cconfectioners' sugar
4 tspevaporated milk
How to Make Mississippi Mud Cake
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Lightly grease on 13x9 baking pan.
- Cream together 1/3 cup of cocoa, white sugar, and 1 cup butter until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Mix flour, baking powder, coconut and pecans together.
- Stir flour mixture into the egg mixture until combined.
- Pour batter into the pan.
- Bake for 40 - 50 minutes.
- Smooth marshmallow cream over top of cake while still hot. Cool completely.
- Ice with chocolate icing.
To Make Icing:
- Beat together confectioners' sugar, remaining cocoa, 1 tsp vanilla and 1/2c butter.
- Continue to beat; add enough evaporated milk to make icing spread on the cake.