Mississippi Mud Cake
2 stickbutter or margarine
1/2 ccocoa, unsweetened
2 cgranulated sugar
4eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/2 call-purpose flour
1 1/2 cchopped pecans
1small bag miniature marshmallows (you can tell that i've had this recipe for a long time because it calls for a .29 package!)
1 boxsifted confectioners' sugar
1/2 cmilk (recipe calls for whole milk, but i use 2%)
1/3 ccocoa, unsweetened
1 stickbutter or margarine, softened
How to Make Mississippi Mud Cake
- Melt butter and cocoa together.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar and beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Add flour, salt, chopped nuts, and vanilla; mix well. DO NOT USE A MIXER; BEAT BY HAND WITH A WOODEN SPOON.
- Spoon batter into a greased 13"x9"x2" pan and bake at 350 for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Spread marshmallows on top of hot cake. Put the cake back in the oven just long enough for the marshmallows to melt together.
- Chocolate Frosting: Combine sugar, milk, cocoa, and softened butter.
- Mix until smooth and spread or drizzle over marshmallows on hot cake.