★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 2/3 call purpose flour
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspkosher salt
1 1/4 cred decorating sugar, you may substitute light brown or regular sugar
1/2 cdark cocoa powder, unsweetened
40chocolate-covered bite-size mint candies (junior mints)
How to Make Mint Delight Cupcake in a Jar gift recipe
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Pour 2/3 cup into a 1 quart wide-mouth jar with a tight fitting lid. Pack down well. Add 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour mixture, 1/3 cup sugar, remaining 1/4 cup cocoa, remaining 1/2 cup flour mixture and remaining sugar; pack down well after each layer.
- Cut a waxed paper round and place on top of the sugar layer and add mint candies. Seal jar.
Cover top of jar with your choosing and attach a gift tag with instructions with raffia or a ribbon.
- GIFT INSTRUCTIONS:
1 jar Mint Delight Cupcake Mix
1/2 cup butter, unsalted, melted and cooled slightly
1 1/4 cups buttermilk at room temperature
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon mint extract, divided
1 container cream cheese frosting
Fresh mint leaves, optional
Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Line muffin tin wit 20 cupcake liners. Remove mints candies from jar; set aside.
- Pour butter into a medium bowl. Stir in buttermilk, eggs, 1/2 teaspoon mint extract and remaining contents of jar. Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes. Spoon batter evenly into cupcake liners. Using a toothpick push a mint slightly into each cupcake. Reserve remaining 20 pieces of candy.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, avoid the mint candy. Cool 5 minutes and then place on a wire rack to cool.
- Mix remaining 1/2 teaspoon mint extract into frosting. Frost cupcakes. Garnish with mint candies and fresh mint if desired.
Makes 20 cupcakes.