Mini Coconut Cupcakes
- duncan hines classic cake mix, use milk instead of water and butter instead of oil
- 1 1/2 c
- 6 Tbsp
- 1 lb
- package confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 c
- light cream, (i used whole milk, it did just as well)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Mini Coconut Cupcakes
- 1Take the cake mix. Of course, I didn't exactly go by the box. I used the same measurements, but I used milk instead of water, and butter, (that's the southern gal in me!!), instead of oil. Mix all ingredients. Next, put 3/4 cup or more or less, (your preference), coconut into the cake mix and fold in. I have a mini cupcake pan and I put those cute, little cupcake cups in it. Fill them about 3/4 full and cook around 20 minutes or until done in a 350 degree oven.
- 2The frosting came from my mother's old Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.. Here it is following:
Cream butter; gradually add about half the sugar, blending well. I used a hand mixer for the blending thoughout this recipe. Beat in 2 tablespoons cream(I used milk, it works just as well) and vanilla. Gradually blend in remaining sugar. Add enough milk(cream) to make of spreading consistency. Next, add in your preference (about 3/4 cup, more or less), coconut and mix in with a spoon. Depending on the amount of frosting you want on the cupcakes, you may want to double this frosting recipe. Oh, a note on the recipe in the cookbook states: For a more creamy frosting, beat in 1 egg instead of first 2 tablespoons cream/milk. After adding remaining sugar, beat in cream for spreading consistency.