It's sometimes called Hawaiian Cake.
15.25-oz boxyellow cake mix, plus ingredients listed on the box (such as eggs, oil, etc)
1 (3.4-oz) boxinstant vanilla pudding mix, plus ingredients listed on box (milk, etc)
1 (8-oz) pkgcream cheese, softened
1 (20-oz) can(s)crushed pineapple, drained well
1 (8-oz) pkgwhipped topping (cool whip), thawed
1/3 cupfinely chopped nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, etc)
1/3 cupshredded coconut
about 36maraschino cherries, stems removed
How to Make Millionaire's Cake
- Spray 9x13x2-inch baking dish with nonstick baking spray; set aside.
- Prepare cake mix for 9x13 baking dish according to box directions. Pour batter into 9x13 baking pan, and bake as directed on box. Let cake cool completely.
- Prepare pudding as directed on package. Add the softened cream cheese, and beat until well blended. Spread pudding mixture over the surface of the cooled cake.
- Squeeze out as much moisture as possible from the drained pineapple (too much pineapple juice will make the frosting runny). Distribute pineapple evenly over the pudding mixture.
- Spread Cool Whip evenly over the pineapple layer.
- Garnish the top with chopped nuts, shredded coconut, and maraschino cherries, as desired. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To get 18 servings, cut 3 rows across and 6 rows vertically.