Million Dollar Pound Cake
- 3 c
- 1 lb
- butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp
- eggs, at room temperature (this is important)
- 4 c
- all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c
- 1 tsp
- almond extract
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Million Dollar Pound Cake
- 1Combine sugar, butter, and shortening, and cream until light and fluffy. Cream for at least 5 minutes. This is a very important step because there is no other leavening agent such as baking powder or baking soda.
- 2Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Again this is very important for the cake to rise.
- 3Add flour to creamed mixture, alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in flavorings.
- 4Pour batter into a well-greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Put in a cold oven and turn it on to bake at 300 degrees for one hour and 30 minutes until cake tests done.
- 5NOTE: Each oven is different, so make sure you don't overbake it. I had to take my cake out after about 1 hour and 20 minutes so it wouldn't over bake and become dry.