Million Dollar Pound Cake
1 lbbutter, softened
6eggs, at room temperature (this is important)
4 call-purpose flour
1 tspalmond extract
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Million Dollar Pound Cake
- Combine sugar, butter, and shortening, and cream until light and fluffy. Cream for at least 5 minutes. This is a very important step because there is no other leavening agent such as baking powder or baking soda.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Again this is very important for the cake to rise.
- Add flour to creamed mixture, alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in flavorings.
- Pour batter into a well-greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Put in a cold oven and turn it on to bake at 300 degrees for one hour and 30 minutes until cake tests done.
- NOTE: Each oven is different, so make sure you don't overbake it. I had to take my cake out after about 1 hour and 20 minutes so it wouldn't over bake and become dry.