Meme's Lemon Sunshine Cake
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 boxyellow cake mix
1 pkgvanilla instant pudding
1/2 cwhite sugar
1/2 ccrisco oil
4lemons - juiced
·lemon rind, grated from 2 lemons
1/4 tsplemon extract
1 cpowdered sugar
1/2 clemon juice
How to Make Meme's Lemon Sunshine Cake
- Heat oven to 345*
- Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Set aside the powdered sugar and the 1/2 cup lemon juice.
- In mixing bowl combine the remaining ingredients. With mixer on low speed mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Pour into bundt pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. (time may vary according to your oven)
- Meantime combine the powdered sugar 1/2 cup lemon juice and 2 tsps lemon zest. The mixture should be a bit runny so it will soak into the cake.
- When the cake is done, let cool for 10 minutes then turn out on a cooling rack. While cake is still warm take the end of a wooden spoon or a skewer, and poke holes in the cake. Place a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil under the cooling rack and gradually spoon the lemon mixture over the cake. When cake has cooled sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- *I have also spooned the lemon mixture onto the bottom of the cake before I turn it out.