Melt in Your Mouth Banana Bread
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 largebananas, very ripe
1/2 cbutter, softened to room temp
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 coat flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspvanilla extract
1 cbrown sugar (less to taste)
1 cwalnuts, chopped, optional
How to Make Melt in Your Mouth Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 8.5X4.5 loaf pans with baker's spray(nonstick spray with flour already in the can) or grease and flour pans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter till creamy. Add bananas and vanilla. Beat until bananas are fully incorporated. Add egg and beat again.
- In a small bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Add nuts to the batter and mix with a spatula(if not using, skip this step). Sprinkle the flour mixture on top of the banana mixture. Fold into mixture with a spatula, just until combined. Don't over mix! There will be lumps and dry patches in the batter, and that's okay.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 for about 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out fairly clean. Let rest in pan about 10 minutes. Gently invert pans to remove the loaves, and rest on a wire rack till cool.