May's Pumpkin Desert Cake
1 can(s)15 oz pumpkin or 2 1/3 c fresh pumpkin
1 can(s)12 oz evaporated milk
1 1/2 tspcinnamon, ground
1 tspcloves, ground
1 tspginger, ground
1 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
3eggs or egg substitute, beaten
1 boxyellow cake mix
1 cchopped walnuts or pecans
1 stickbutter, cut into pieces
How to Make May's Pumpkin Desert Cake
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9 x 13 baking or casserole pan.
- In a large bowl, blend pumpkin, evaporated milk, spices and sugar together. Once mixed, add eggs and blend again until smooth.
- Pour into prepared baking pan. Rinse and dry bowl. Now mix the yellow cake mix, chopped nuts of choice and butter pieces together loosely. You do not want to cream these together, just mix loosely to stick some of the nuts on the butter pieces. Sprinkle this evenly over pumpkin mixture in pan, allowing for clumps of butter nut mixture to be distributed well over surface.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven for 50-60 minutes on the middle shelf of your oven.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping. My husband likes his in a bowl with milk.