MARY'S DELICIOUS CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE
3 cswan's down cake flour
3 cdomino sugar
3 stickland o' lakes salted sweet cream butter
1 pkgphiladelphia cream cheese (8 oz)
1 Tbsppure vanilla extract
1 tsppure lemon extract
How to Make MARY'S DELICIOUS CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE
- Place 3 sticks of Butter and Cream Cheese unwrapped in a bowl until it gets soft.
- Sift Swan's Down Cake Flour 5 Times before measuring into a Medium-Sized bowl. Set aside.
- Spray a Bundt Cake Pan or a 10-Inch Tube Pan with Bakers Joy. You may use shortening & Flour instead if so desired. Set Aside
- Measure 3 Cups of Domino Sugar. Set Aside
- Cream together Butter and Cream Cheese. Add Sugar one cup at a time until fluffy. Mix Well.
- Alternately Add 1 cup of flour and 2 eggs to Mix Beating on Low Speed to incorporate into mix. Do this until all eggs and Flour have been added to batter. Then Mix on High or Surge for about 5 Minutes.
- Stir in Flavor
- Pour Batter into either a Pre- Sprayed or Floured & Greased 10-Cup Bundt Cake Pan or a 10-Inch Tube Cake Pan. Bake in a Pre-Heated Oven at 300 Degrees for One and on-half hours or until toothpick inserted into center of cake come out clean. Cook Time may vary depending on your oven. Be Careful not to overcook resulting in a dry cake.
- May Frost Three Different Ways: I usually am requested to put Lemon, Vanilla, or Chocolate Frosting. For Vanilla I use 1 Box of Domino Confectioners Sugar; 1 Stick of Butter or Margarine (For Richer taste I use Butter) Approximately 1/4 Cup Milk; 1 tsp of Pure Vanilla Extract.
In a large bowl with mixer at low speed, Combine Domino Confectioner's Sugar, Butter, Milk and Vanilla. Beat at Medium Speed for 1-2 Minutes until creamy. If desired, add more milk until frosting is at desired spreading consistency.
For Lemon Frosting use same steps. I Add a little yellow food coloring for a perfect effect. Can Also Make a Lemon Glaze by adding lemon juice to Confectioners Sugar instead of Milk & Butter.
For Chocolate Frosting I use 2/3 Cups Hersheys Baking Cocoa; 1 stick of pure butter (Melted); 1 box Domino Confectioner's Sugar; 1/3 cup of Milk; 1 teaspoon Vanilla Flavor Melt Butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately Add Powdered Sugar and Milk, Beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount of additional milk if needed. Stir in vanilla. Makes about 2 cups of Frosting.