★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/4 c
- vegetable shortening..(crisco)
- 1 lb
- mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp
- clear vanilla flavoring
- 1 tsp
- butter flavoring
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 lb
- powdered sugar
- food coloring; (colors as needed)
How to Make Marshmallow Fondant
- 1grease the sides of a large microwavable glass bowl with the vegetable shortening. I prefer Crisco.
- 2add marshmallows to the greased bowl with the flavorings and water. stir around so the marshmallows get covered.
- 3place the glass bowl with it's contents into the microwave and start microwave just until the mixture starts to melt.
- 4stir mixture until it is nice and smooth.
- 5add all the powdered sugar into the bowl of marshmallow mixture and mix for 4 minutes,(I use stand mixer);until well blended. color fondant now with any color you would like.
- 6wrap in cling wrap and let sit in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes to rest. when ready to use set out until it reaches room temperature.(use in 3 days or less)