★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/4 cvegetable shortening..(crisco)
1 lbmini marshmallows
1 tspclear vanilla flavoring
1 tspbutter flavoring
2 lbpowdered sugar
·food coloring; (colors as needed)
How to Make Marshmallow Fondant
- grease the sides of a large microwavable glass bowl with the vegetable shortening. I prefer Crisco.
- add marshmallows to the greased bowl with the flavorings and water. stir around so the marshmallows get covered.
- place the glass bowl with it's contents into the microwave and start microwave just until the mixture starts to melt.
- stir mixture until it is nice and smooth.
- add all the powdered sugar into the bowl of marshmallow mixture and mix for 4 minutes,(I use stand mixer);until well blended. color fondant now with any color you would like.
- wrap in cling wrap and let sit in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes to rest. when ready to use set out until it reaches room temperature.(use in 3 days or less)