★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- 1 c
- softened margarine (2 sticks)
- 3 c
- cake flour - not self rising.
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 c
- confectioners sugar for dusting
- 1 c
How to Make Marble Cake
- 1At low speed beat sugar and margarine until blended. Increase to high speed, beat until light and fluffy - about 10 minutes.
- 2Reduce speed to low, add flour, milk, baking powder,vanilla, salt and eggs. Beat until well mixed. Increase to high speed mix 2 minutes more.
- 3Measure cocoa and mix into 1 cup of batter plus 1 tb water. Mix well
- 4Spoon half the batter into round tube pan. Spoon cocoa mix on top of batter. Spoon rest of the cake batter on top of the cocoa. Swirl knife through the cake batter to marbleize.
- 5Bake 50-55 minutes, cool in pan on rack. Sprinkle top with confectioners sugar when cool.