Maraschino Pound Cake
This is one of Ethan's favorites. If I don't make it for Christmas.... he's asking where is the cherry cake?
- 2 3/4 c
- 1 1/4 c
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 3 c
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 c
- evaporated milk
- 3/4 c
- maraschino cherries, halves, well drained
How to Make Maraschino Pound Cake
- 1Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour 12cup bunt pan or 2 loaf pans.
- 2Beat sugar, butter, vanilla, and eggs on low speed till mixed. Beat on high for 5 mins till light and fluffy.
- 3Mix dry ingredients together. Then beat in dry ingredients alternating with evaporated milk on low speed.
- 4When all the dry ingredients and evaporated milk are all incorporated, stir the cherries into the batter then pour into floured pans.
- 5Bake 70-80 mins in 350 oven. When tooth pick inserted into the centre of the cakes comes out clean the cakes are done.