Maple Apple Cake
(The original recipe listed half the amounts for the cake batter ingredients and I followed the recipe to a T the first time I made it. But the quantity of batter was not enough to cover the apples, so I doubled them and the adjusted amounts are listed here.)
5 largecooking apples, peeled and sliced
1/2 cpure maple syrup
2 Tbspbutter or margarine
1 cwhite sugar
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1 tspbaking powder
1 call purpose flour
1 cwhipping cream
1/4 cpure maple syrup
How to Make Maple Apple Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 10-inch pie dish (I prefer Pyrex glass dish).
- Spread apples evenly in dish. Sprinkle with maple syrup and dot with 2 tbsp. butter.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla together until fluffy.
- Add baking powder, salt and flour until blended.
- Spread batter over apples and bake for 45 minutes or until apples are tender. Cool slightly.
- Whip cream, drizzle maple syrup over top and fold in gently.
- Serve cake warm and top with the maple whipped cream.