- egg & 1 1/4 cups sugar, + 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 c
- 2 c
- all purpose flour, & 1.5 tsp. baking soda, + 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp
- cinnamon, & 1/2 tsp. ground cloves, + 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 1/2 c
- mangoes/diced - marinate in 1 tsp. lemon juice; & 1/2 cup raisins. can substitute peaches
- 1/2 c
- 1 1/2 c
- powdered sugar (or enough to make stiff)
- 2 Tbsp
- milk, & 1 tsp. vanilla or lemon extract
- 3/4 c
- nuts/finely chopped
How to Make Mango Cake
- 1Beat together eggs, sugar, butter & vanilla. Add mangoes. Sift dry ingredients together and mix in with the wet mixture, lightly & quickly. Gently add raisins. Pour into greased oblong pan.
- 2Bake at 325 degrees for 55 - 60 minutes. Cool.
- 3Iciing: cream butter and powdered sugar,& milk +
vanilla or lemon extract til iciing is stiff. Spread on cooled cake, and top with nuts, if desired.