Mandarine Orange Cake
This is a cake that my Grandmother's best friend would make for any luncheon or whenever they played cards. This has been one of my favorites ever since I was a little girl.
How to Make Mandarine Orange Cake
- To a large mixing bowl add cake mix, eggs, softened butter and entire can of mandarine oranges including the juice.
- With an electric mixer, mix until well blended.
- Pour batter equally into 2 8" round cake pans, greased and with wax paper on the bottom.
- Bake at 375* for about 30 min. or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- While cake is baking make the frosting.
- In a large mixing bowl add the cool whip and coconut cream pudding mix. Stir well.
- Pour in the entire can of pineapple, juice and all and the vanilla. Fold or mix well into cool whip. Refrigerate.
- When cake comes out of oven cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut each cake in half lengthwise.
- Place 1st piece of cake onto plate and spread with frosting. It doesn't have to look pretty as you will just be covering it up. Make sure you use plenty of frosting.
- Place a 2nd layer of cake onto the 1st frosted layer and frost the 2nd layer.
- Place the 3rd cake on top and frost then the last piece of cake on top and frost the entire outside of cake. Use ALL of the frosting. You don't want to skimp on that.