Mandarin Orange Spice Cake
2 smallcanned mandarin oranges
1 boxwhite cake mix
2 1/2 Tbsppumpkin pie spice
2 Tbspground ginger
2 tspvanilla extract
1 to 2pats of butter if desired
1/2 cchopped pecans if desired for topping
1 pkgwhipped topping, thawed
3eggs or as box cake mix calls for
MANDARIN ORANGE SPICE CAKE
How to Make Mandarin Orange Spice Cake
- Equipment needed: a large bowl, wisk, plastic spatula, measuring cup. You can use the electric mixer for batter step or all if you wish depending on how much you want the mandarin oranges mixed throughout batter.
- Open (2)canned mandarin oranges, drain juice in measuring cup. To large bowl add dry cake mix and juice of cans in place of water amount required for cake mix by box directions, pumpkin pie spice, ginger, vanilla extract and butter if desired. Gently mix with whisk until smooth. In a small seperate bowl beat eggs, depending on your cake mix (3)is usually called. slowly add in eggs to mixture til smooth. lastly add in mandarin oranges to mixture slowly, smoothly with spatula fold in oranges, if you like take a fork and break apart before you add into cake mixture.
- Grease desired pan bake at box directions, adjust for your ovens temp if necessary checking 10 mins before end time for doness with toothpick. If the toothpick is clear of runny batter turn off stove and let stand in over the remanor of baking time watching so it isn't too browned.
- Let cool to around room temperature, top with whipped topping mixed with a teaspoon of vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mixed well in topping. Top with chopped pecans if desired
- slice, eat immediately, it is a perfect light dessert that's not too sweet, but has a wonderful taste. Hope you enjoy as much as we did. Cover and refridgerate leftovers if topped with whipped cream mixture. NOTE: if you aren't serving the whole cake, only top each individual piece with topping so cake doesnt become soggy over time.