Mandarin Orange Cupcakes
- 18.25oz box yellow cake mix
- 1 c
- vegetable oil
- 11oz can mandarin oranges with juice
- 8oz container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 20oz can crushed pineapple with juice
- 3.4oz package of instant vanilla pudding
How to Make Mandarin Orange Cupcakes
- 1Preheat oven to 350
- 2In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil and mandarin orange segments with juice. Beat until smooth.
- 3Pour into 2 9in round cake pans, greased and floured....or 24 cupcakes with cupcake liners.
- 4Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and tooth pick comes out clean. Cool comepletely before frosting!!! (I never time mine, i just go by look but i would say maybe 15 min for cupcakes and 25 for 9in cakes..just a guesstimate tho, sorry)
- 5To make topping: Beat together thawed whipped topping, pineapple with juice and dry pudding mix until well blended. I usually refridgerate for like an hour so it can set up.
- 6Spread topping on cooled cupcakes. If making a layered cake...remove cakes from pan and cool on wire rack, cool completely, then slice each cake in half to make 2 thinner round cakes, you should have a total of 4 round cakes. Then place one cake on dish, icing, repeat with all four layers, then icing the top and sides with remaining icing.
- 7Store in the refridgerator. Taste better cold and after sitting in the fridge overnight! This cake last a while if stored properly..Enjoy!!