Mandarin Orange Cupcakes
118.25oz box yellow cake mix
1 cvegetable oil
111oz can mandarin oranges with juice
18oz container frozen whipped topping, thawed
120oz can crushed pineapple with juice
13.4oz package of instant vanilla pudding
How to Make Mandarin Orange Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil and mandarin orange segments with juice. Beat until smooth.
- Pour into 2 9in round cake pans, greased and floured....or 24 cupcakes with cupcake liners.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and tooth pick comes out clean. Cool comepletely before frosting!!! (I never time mine, i just go by look but i would say maybe 15 min for cupcakes and 25 for 9in cakes..just a guesstimate tho, sorry)
- To make topping: Beat together thawed whipped topping, pineapple with juice and dry pudding mix until well blended. I usually refridgerate for like an hour so it can set up.
- Spread topping on cooled cupcakes. If making a layered cake...remove cakes from pan and cool on wire rack, cool completely, then slice each cake in half to make 2 thinner round cakes, you should have a total of 4 round cakes. Then place one cake on dish, icing, repeat with all four layers, then icing the top and sides with remaining icing.
- Store in the refridgerator. Taste better cold and after sitting in the fridge overnight! This cake last a while if stored properly..Enjoy!!