Mama's Uncooked Fruitcake
Mary R Morris
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped raisins
- 1 (4oz) jar of maraschino cherries-drained and chopped
- 1 (14 oz )can sweetened condensed
- 1 (12 oz)package vanilla wafers -crushed
How to Make Mama's Uncooked Fruitcake
- 1In a medium bowl ,stir together the pecans ,raisins ,walnuts,cherries,condensed milk and vanilla wafers..Dough will be thick,I use my hands
- 2Form dough,in to a log shape,(about the size of a pecan log) then wrap very well in wrap.Wrap in two or three layers of plastric wrap to make as air tight as possible.Allow to stay in the refrigertor for at least 5-7 day,s......I have seen my Mom make them in a round shape,but I do the log's....
- 3Personal Note ::::::Use a good vanilla wafer .I use the Nabisco brand.The condensed milk ,i often use the Wal-Mart brand .