Mama's Famous Chocolate Fudge Cake
How to Make Mama's Famous Chocolate Fudge Cake
- 1Combine Flour and Sugar in large bowl. Set aside.
- 2Combine Cocoa, Water, Oil and Butter in saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour over flour and sugar mixture.
- 3Put soda into buttermilk. Set aside.
- 4Mix in beaten eggs and vanilla into batter. Stir in buttermilk and mix well.
- 5Pour in greased and floured sheet cake pan. Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
Frost while Hot.
- 6CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING:
Bring 4 tbsp. Cocoa, 1 stick Butter and 4 tbsp Milk to boil over low heat in 2 qt saucepan. Add 1 box Powdered Sugar and mix well. Add 1/2 cup chopped Pecans and pour on cake while hot. NOTE: The pecans may be added on top of frosted cake or omitted completely.