MALASADAS - A PORTUGUESE HOLELESS DOUGHNUT
Jo Anne Sugimoto
How to Make MALASADAS - A PORTUGUESE HOLELESS DOUGHNUT
- 1Dissolve yeast, sugar and warm water. Set aside.
Beat the eggs. Set aside
- 2In a large mixing bowl, add the flour and salt. Make a well in the middle of the flour, pour in the yeast mixture, eggs, sugar, butter and 1 cup of water and evaporated milk.
- 3Beat in a circular motion until the dough is soft.
- 4Cover and let rise until doubled in size. Turn the dough over but do not punch down.
- 5Cover and let rise again.
- 6Heat the oil to 375 degrees. Moisten fingertips with softened butter and pinch off little golf ball size dough and drop into the heated oil.
- 7Deep fry them till golden brown and be sure that you turn them over and do the same.
- 8Drain on paper towels and shake them in a brown paper bag full of sugar.
- 9Best served when hot.
- 10NOTE: IF THE MALASADAS IS DOUGHY INSIDE, TURN DOWN THE HEAT FOR THE OIL.