lucky jam jelly roll
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The balance of the sweet preserves and the cake in this jelly roll is oh-so perfect. This would be a great addition to your next brunch! The Test Kitchen
- 1 c
- sifted cake flour
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 large
- 3/4 c
- white sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- confectioners sugar for dusting
- 1 c
- your favorite fruit preserves(i use straberry)
How to Make lucky jam jelly roll
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- 2Line a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan with parchment paper
- 3Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- 4Set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until thick and pale, about 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in the vanilla and milk
- 6Stir in the dry ingredients gradually. The batter will be thin. Pour into the prepared pan.
- 7Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until the center springs back when pressed lightly. Don't over bake, or it may crack.
- 8Generously dust a clean dish towel with confectioners' sugar. Turn the cake out onto the towel, and peel off the parchment paper. Gently roll up the cake using the towel, and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- 9Unroll the cake, and spread an even coating of jam onto the top. Roll the cake back up into a tight spiral, and remove the towel. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.