lucky jam jelly roll
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The balance of the sweet preserves and the cake in this jelly roll is oh-so perfect. This would be a great addition to your next brunch! The Test Kitchen
1 csifted cake flour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
3/4 cwhite sugar
1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
1/2 cconfectioners sugar for dusting
1 cyour favorite fruit preserves(i use straberry)
How to Make lucky jam jelly roll
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Line a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan with parchment paper
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until thick and pale, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla and milk
- Stir in the dry ingredients gradually. The batter will be thin. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until the center springs back when pressed lightly. Don't over bake, or it may crack.
- Generously dust a clean dish towel with confectioners' sugar. Turn the cake out onto the towel, and peel off the parchment paper. Gently roll up the cake using the towel, and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Unroll the cake, and spread an even coating of jam onto the top. Roll the cake back up into a tight spiral, and remove the towel. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.