My Awesome Chocolate Cake Recipe...
·3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
·3 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
·1 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
·4 teaspoons baking powder
·3 teaspoons baking soda
·1 teaspoons of salt
·1 cup of milk
·1/2 cup of vegetable or canola oil
·5 teaspoons of vanilla extract
·2 cups of hot coffee (instant coffee is fine)
·optional...1 - 5 ounce container of vanilla yogurt (for extra moistness)
How to Make My Awesome Chocolate Cake Recipe...
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare 4 - 9 inch pans, by spraying with a non stick baking spray such as Pam with Flour or Baker's Joy.
For Cupcakes...this will make 48 cupcakes.
- In mixing bowl...add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Using the powder attachment, combine the ingredients thoroughly for about 1 minute.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour and mix on medium until well blended together. ***IF you are using yogurt, this is when you want to add it.
With the mixer on Low....Slowly add the coffee. Mix for about 1 - 2 minutes.
***Note*** This will make the batter very thin. It's ok. It's supposed to be that way.
- Pour mix into prepped baking pans, do NOT fill more than 1/2 full. Bake for about 30 minutes. (depending on your oven)
Remove from pans when cooled.
- For Cupcakes...fill cupcake papers 1/2 full and bake for 12 - 15 minutes. (depending on your oven)
- Frost and decorate cake, or cupcakes, as desired.
- *** Note *** Remember **** This batter is very thin. It's ok. It's supposed to be that way.