Little Orange Cakes (Bolinhos de Laranja)
- 1 1/2 c
- all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 medium
- oranges, zest of
- 4 large
- 1 1/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 c
- fresh orange juice
- 1 c
- unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
How to Make Little Orange Cakes (Bolinhos de Laranja)
- 1Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 2 muffin pans (for 24 mini cakes); set aside.
- 2In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and orange zest.
- 3In a separate bowl combine eggs and sugar, and beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes or until the eggs are pale yellow). Stir in the orange juice, butter and vanilla until well combined.
- 4Stir in the dry ingredients until just combined. The mixture will froth a little. Pour the batter into the muffin cups, filling them 3/4 of the way up.
- 5Bake for 13-14 minutes or until the edges start to brown. Sprinkle the top of each cake with some powdered sugar, and return pans to the oven. Turn the oven off and leave them in there for 2 minutes.
- 6Allow the pans to cool 5 minutes then run a knife around the edge of each cake and gently unmold. Let the cakes cool completely.