Little Cheesecake Cookies
Lynda Ann Haight
1 1/4 cfinely crushed graham crackers (1 sleeve)
1 call purpose flour
1 1/2 tspbaking powderr
1 stickunsalted butter, softened
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
2 tsporange or lemon zest (love the orange myself)
3 ozsoftened cream cheese
1/4 cgranulated sugar
1/2 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Little Cheesecake Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Crush sleeve of graham crackers. (I use my mini food processor). Put the crushed grahams in a large bowl, and add the flour and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the butter with the brown sugar using an electric hand mixer. Add the egg white and beat until well combined. Add to the graham cracker crumbs and blend until just combined.
- In a seperate medium bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, orange/lemon zest and vanilla until well combined. Set aside.
If you haven't already...wash your hands as you will need to use your thumb/fingers to complete the next step.
- Place a cupcake liner in each of the 12 circles in your cupcake tray.
Now, scoop a level, 1/4 cup of the graham cracker crumb mixture into your 1/4 cup measure...then use your thumb to pack the crumbs firmly into the bottom of the measure, and use your thumb again to put a circular indentation into the center of each.
Now...turn the cup upside down, and tap...tap...tap it several times to release the graham cracker circle.
(This could take about 6-8 taps...so be patient). Once released, place the little graham circle (right side up) in the center of the cupcake liner.
- Lastly, use a spoon and spread some of the cream cheese mixture evenly into each one, and bake.
NOTE: Once the little guys are done...let them cool off before eating! No sense in burning the roof of your mouth...is there? LOL!