Light & Airy Pound Cake
- 2 stick
- butter, room temperature
- 1/2 c
- 3 c
- 5 large
- eggs, room temperture
- 1 c
- milk, room temperture
- 3 c
- *self-rising flour
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract (or lemon or almond)
- *cake flour: use 3 cups flour plus 1 tsp baking soda & 1/4 tsp salt
- *plain flour: use 3 cups flour plus 1/2 tsp baking powder
How to Make Light & Airy Pound Cake
- 2Cream together the butter, crisco and sugar. Add eggs, beating after each addition.
- 3Alternate adding milk and flour, ending with flour. Add your extract of choice.
- 4Pour into your prepared tube pan and place into the cold oven and bake @ 350 for approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes. Do not open oven door for 1 hour.
- 5* The recipe states that you can also use either Swans cake flour or all purpose flour with the additions listed above in the ingredient section.