Lemonade Angel Cake
Spring gets me thinking of pastel colors, lemonade, farmers' market and fresh air. I think this dessert captures that.
- 1 box
- angel food cake mix (or your favorite from-scratch recipe)
- 1 tsp
- powdered pink lemonade mix
- 4-5 c
- powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tbsp
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
- powdered pink lemonade mix (to your taste)
- chopped nuts (optional)
- sliced strawberries (optional)
How to Make Lemonade Angel Cake
- 1Prepare the angel food cake according to its package directions, adding the powdered lemonade mix before the wet ingredients.
Allow to cool.
- 2In a mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar, water and lemonade mix. Mix well. Add more powdered sugar or water until the icing is a good consistency to drizzle.
Pour/drizzle over cake and top with strawberries and chopped nuts if desired.
- 3I served this with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert and we loved it!