Lemon Velvet Pound Cake
Mary O'Brien Henderson
How to Make Lemon Velvet Pound Cake
- 1. Combine first five ingredients in a mixing bowl & mix well for at least 3 minutes.
- Pour in a well-greased/buttered & not flour but use sugar coated bundt or tube cake pan; the cake will have a nice moist coating on it when done.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat white sugar & orange juice but do not boil. These two ingredients are the glaze.
- When cake has finished baking, cool 10 minutes on cooling rack. Turn out on cake plate by pulling away from the edges of the pan. Spoon orange juice mixture over cake to glaze.
Yields: 12-24 slices depending on the size of the slice.