Lemon Velvet Pound Cake
Mary O'Brien Henderson1
How to Make Lemon Velvet Pound Cake
- 11. Combine first five ingredients in a mixing bowl & mix well for at least 3 minutes.
- 2Pour in a well-greased/buttered & not flour but use sugar coated bundt or tube cake pan; the cake will have a nice moist coating on it when done.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 4Heat white sugar & orange juice but do not boil. These two ingredients are the glaze.
- 5When cake has finished baking, cool 10 minutes on cooling rack. Turn out on cake plate by pulling away from the edges of the pan. Spoon orange juice mixture over cake to glaze.
Yields: 12-24 slices depending on the size of the slice.