Lemon Topped Cheese Cake
I have been making this pie for years and have and I got it to begin with from taste of home and it sure is good!!
1 1/4 csugar
6 Tbspcorn starch
1 1/4 cwater
2 tsplemon rind, grated
4-5drops yellow food coloring
1/2 cfresh lemon juice
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
11 ozcream cheese, room temperature
3/4 cconfectioners' sugar
1 1/2 cwhipped topping
1 Tbsplemon juice, fresh
·unbaked pie shell
How to Make Lemon Topped Cheese Cake
- Line unpricked 9" pie crust with double thickness of tin foil ; Bake @ 450° for 8 min. Remove the foil and bake for 5 min. longer. Set aside and let cool.
- On med-high heat : In a sauce pan combine 3/4 cup of the sugar , cornstarch and salt ; stir in the water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and add the remaining sugar ; cook and stir for 2 min. until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter ,lemon peel and food coloring ; GENTLY stir in the lemon juice.
DON'T OVER MIX. Set aside to cool for about 1 hr. to room temp.
- In a mixing bowl beat sugar and cream cheese until smooth.
Fold in whipped topping and lemon juice ; Refrigerate 1/2 cup of mixture for garnish.
- Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture in baked pie shell ; top with lemon filling ;
Chill for several hrs. or over night.
- Place the reserved filling in a pastry bag and use a Star tip to place dollips around the pie.
- Refrigerate pie until serving time.