Lemon Topped Cheese Cake
I have been making this pie for years and have and I got it to begin with from taste of home and it sure is good!!
- 1 1/4 c
- 6 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
- lemon rind, grated
- drops yellow food coloring
- 1/2 c
- fresh lemon juice
- 11 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 c
- whipped topping
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice, fresh
- unbaked pie shell
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
How to Make Lemon Topped Cheese Cake
- 1Line unpricked 9" pie crust with double thickness of tin foil ; Bake @ 450° for 8 min. Remove the foil and bake for 5 min. longer. Set aside and let cool.
- 2On med-high heat : In a sauce pan combine 3/4 cup of the sugar , cornstarch and salt ; stir in the water and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce the heat and add the remaining sugar ; cook and stir for 2 min. until thickened.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in butter ,lemon peel and food coloring ; GENTLY stir in the lemon juice.
DON'T OVER MIX. Set aside to cool for about 1 hr. to room temp.
- 5In a mixing bowl beat sugar and cream cheese until smooth.
Fold in whipped topping and lemon juice ; Refrigerate 1/2 cup of mixture for garnish.
- 6Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture in baked pie shell ; top with lemon filling ;
Chill for several hrs. or over night.
- 7Place the reserved filling in a pastry bag and use a Star tip to place dollips around the pie.
- 8Refrigerate pie until serving time.