★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 tspvanilla extract
1 1/4 call purpose flour
1/2 cchopped pecans
3 Tbspgrated lemon peel
6 Tbsplemon juice
How to Make Lemon Tea Cake
- In a bowl, beat with a mixer to blend butter, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and pecans until four is evenly moistened.
- Pour batter into an oiled and flour-dusted 8" square pan.
- Bake in a 350 oven until cake is lightly browned and springs back when pressed in center, about 45 minutes.
- Run a knife between cake and pan rim; hold a rack onto pan top.
- Invert to release cake, then tip back into pan.
- Pierce cake top all over with a fork and pour hot lemon sauce over surface.
- Serve hot or warm; cut from pan or serve from a platter.
- LEMON SAUCE: In a 1 1/2 quart pan over high heat, stir lemon peel, lemon juice and sugar just until sugar is dissolved.
- Use hot.