How to Make Lemon Raspberry Cake
- Heat oven to 350 (325 for dark or nonstick pans)
Grease or lightly spray bottoms only of 3-9" round pans.
- In a large bowl,beat cake mix with ingredients for making cake..With electric mixer on low speed beat for 2 minutes(do not over beat)Pour into pans.
- Bake 13 to 16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool completely in pans for about 1 hour.
- Fill layers with raspberry preserves.
- To make Frosting:
In a medium bowl,beat butter,lemon peel,and lemon juice on medium speed 30 seconds.
Gradually beat in confectioners sugar.
Beat 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
Frost sides and top of cake.
Store covered in refrigerator.
- High Altitude: bake 16-19 minutes.
Make your cake special by topping with fresh raspberries.
You can also use strawberry,or apricot preserves for a twist.also can use more preserves than it calls for in recipe for between layers.