Lemon Pudding Cake with a Raspberry Coulis
If you prefer to you fresh raspberries for the sauce 4cups will do ya. Be sure to reserve some for garnish. ENJOY!
1 Tbspbutter, unsalted
2/3 csuper fine sugar
2/3 creduced fat buttermilk
2 Tbsplemon juice, fresh
1 Tbsplemon zest, grated
1/4 call purpose flour
1 lbbag frozen raspberries
1 tsplemon juice
1/8 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Lemon Pudding Cake with a Raspberry Coulis
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter and lightly sugar 4 ramekins (about 1-cup size).
- In a mixer, add egg yolks, buttermilk, lemon juice and lemon zest and beat until well combined. Reduce the speed to low and sift in flour, sugar and salt. Continue to mix until combined.
- Beat egg whites until you get stiff peaks then combine the 2 mixtures by gently folding them together, a little at a time.
- Divide evenly amongst ramekins then bake in a water bath - set ramekins in a roasting tray and fill with water halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 60 minutes until the top springs back when gently pressed and the cakes have a nice golden brown color. Allow to cool slightly.
- For Coulis:
Blend the raspberries, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla in a blender or food processor. There will be some chunks of fruit left in the mixture.
- Pour the mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl, pressing on the fruit to release all of the juices. Strain out all the seeds and fruit bits
- To serve, spoon some of the raspberry sauce in the center of each plate then carefully invert each cake onto a plate. Place 2 raspberries in the center of each cake for garnish.