★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 csugar
2/3 cunbleached all-purpose flour
2/3 coat bran
1 1/2 Tbsppoppy seeds
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 cyogurt, lemon
3 Tbsplemon juice
1 Tbspgrated lemon rind
How to Make Lemon-Poppy Seed Pound Cake
- Beat butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in egg whites.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oat bran, poppy seeds and baking soda.
- Add flour mixture, yogurt, lemon juice and rind to butter mixture.
- Spread batter in nonstick, 12-cup bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes clean.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes.
- Invert onto a wire rack.
- For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar with lemon juice.
- Drizzle on cake.