1 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1/4 tspbaking soda
1/4 cfresh lemon juice
·lemon rind, grated for topping
·additional sugar for topping (optional)
How to Make Lemon Muffins
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth.Stir in egg yolks.Beat until light.
- Mix flour,baking powder and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture alternately with lemon juice.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into muffin mixture along with 2 tsp lemon rind,mixing just until ingredients are blended.
- Fill buttered muffin tins about 3/4 full.Sprinkle each muffin with additional sugar if desired.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins are golden brown. Cool. Remove from tins.Sprinkle with grated rind.