How to Make Lemon Muffins
- 1Cream butter and sugar until smooth.Stir in egg yolks.Beat until light.
- 2Mix flour,baking powder and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture alternately with lemon juice.
- 3Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into muffin mixture along with 2 tsp lemon rind,mixing just until ingredients are blended.
- 4Fill buttered muffin tins about 3/4 full.Sprinkle each muffin with additional sugar if desired.
- 5Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins are golden brown. Cool. Remove from tins.Sprinkle with grated rind.