Lemon Meringue Cupcakes
How to Make Lemon Meringue Cupcakes
- 1In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil, eggs and lemon peel.
- 2Blend on low speed for 30 seconds. Then beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 3Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 4Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a small decorating tip.
- 5Fill bag with pie filling. Push the tip into the top of each cupcake to fill with the pie filling.
- 6For meringue in a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- 7Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a
time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- 8Spread meringue over tops of cupcakes, pulling spoon up to form peaks or use a decorating tip to cover tops with meringue.
- 9Bake at 400° for 5-8 minutes or until meringue is golden brown. Watch they will burn easily.
- 10Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.