Lemon-Lime Refrigerator Poke Cake
How to Make Lemon-Lime Refrigerator Poke Cake
- 1Spray 9x13" baking pan with baking spray.
Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- 2Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Stir lemon zest into batter and spread in prepared pan. Bake according to package directions. Cool cake completely on a cooling rack.
- 3In a small bowl, stir lime gelatin mix and 1 cup of boiling water together. Stir until gelatin is fully dissolved. Add 1/2 cup cold water and mix.
- 4Using a fork with long tines, poke holes every inch or so all over cooled cake, poking almost to bottom of cake. Pour prepared gelatin mixture over entire cake top, allowing it to soak into the holes. Cover cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 hours.
Pour milk into deep bowl; add Dream Whip and pudding mix. Beat at low speed of electric mixer until well blended; increase speed to high and whip until mixture will form soft peaks, 4 to 6 minutes.
Makes about 3 cups or enough to frost tops and sides of a 2 layer or a 13 x 9 inch cake.
Store frosted cake in refrigerator.
- 6Can substitute chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling for a mousse like frosting or any other flavor pudding mix, be creative with the cake/gelatin combos and the pudding/dream whip and make your own special cake.