☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 4 oz
- 6 oz
- self rising flour
- 4 Tbsp
- 6 oz
- caster sugar
- lemon zest, grated and juice from 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp
- icing sugar
How to Make Lemon Drizzle Cake.
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease and line a 23x13x7cm cake tin.
- 2Beat the butter, flour, milk, sugar, eggs and the lemon zest (reserve the juice for the drizzle) until smooth and creamy. Pour cake mixture into prepared tin.
- 3Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes.
- 4Heat the lemon juice in the microwave for 45 seconds, and stir in the icing sugar. While still hot in the tin, pour the lemon juice mixture over cake. (Alternatively, if it is poured over cool cake, it gives a glaze to the top.) Enjoy.( I like to make holes in the cake with a skewer and drizzle lemon mix in )