Lemon Diva Cupcakes
100 gunsalted butter
3/4 ccaster sugar (superfine sugar)
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 cself raising flour
125 gunsalted butter (1 stick)
2 csifted icing sugar (powder sugar)
1 1/2 Tbsplemon juice
·yellow food colouring, decorations
How to Make Lemon Diva Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan-forced). Line a 12-hole medium muffi n pan (1/3 cup capacity) with paper cases. Using electric beaters, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla extract until light and
creamy. Mix through the lemon zest.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well a er each egg. Gently fold through the flour and milk in two alternate batches. Divide the mixture evenly among the paper cases.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown and springy when touched. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before decorating.
- To make the icing, use electric beaters to beat the butter until light and creamy. Add the icing sugar a little at a time, beating constantly. Add half the lemon juice and beat until well combined. Add the remaining lemon juice a little at a time, and tint with food colouring if you like. Using a 1 cm fluted nozzle, pipe the icing onto the cooled cupcakes. Decorate!!
- Note: To make Lime Sublime cupcakes, substitute the zest of 6 limes in the cake batter and 2 tbs of lime juice in the icing. For Clockwork Orange cupcakes, try using the zest of 2 oranges in the batter and 2 tbs of orange juice in the icing.