Lemon Diva Cupcakes
- 100 g
- unsalted butter
- 3/4 c
- caster sugar (superfine sugar)
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- lemons zest
- 1 c
- self raising flour
- 1/2 c
- 125 g
- unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 2 c
- sifted icing sugar (powder sugar)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- yellow food colouring, decorations
How to Make Lemon Diva Cupcakes
- 1Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan-forced). Line a 12-hole medium muffi n pan (1/3 cup capacity) with paper cases. Using electric beaters, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla extract until light and
creamy. Mix through the lemon zest.
- 2Add the eggs one at a time, beating well a er each egg. Gently fold through the flour and milk in two alternate batches. Divide the mixture evenly among the paper cases.
- 3Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown and springy when touched. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before decorating.
- 4To make the icing, use electric beaters to beat the butter until light and creamy. Add the icing sugar a little at a time, beating constantly. Add half the lemon juice and beat until well combined. Add the remaining lemon juice a little at a time, and tint with food colouring if you like. Using a 1 cm fluted nozzle, pipe the icing onto the cooled cupcakes. Decorate!!
- 5Note: To make Lime Sublime cupcakes, substitute the zest of 6 limes in the cake batter and 2 tbs of lime juice in the icing. For Clockwork Orange cupcakes, try using the zest of 2 oranges in the batter and 2 tbs of orange juice in the icing.