Lemon Curd Coffee Cake1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Lemon Curd Coffee Cake
- Soak the yeast in the warm (105 degrees-115 degrees) water until dissolved.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Heat the sour cream until warm and to the yeast mixture along with the lemon rind and salt.
- Beat in the first measure of eggs.
- Add enough of the flour to make a soft dough.
- Beat the butter into the dough.
- Turn the dough onto a floured board and knead until smooth (6-7 minutes).
- Place the dough in a lightly buttered bowl.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Let rise until doubled in bulk (45-60 minutes).
- Punch down.
- Roll out on a floured board to form an 18" x 12" rectangle.
- Spread the lemon curd on the dough, leaving a 3/4" border on all sides.
- Carefully roll up the dough. Slice into 3 1/2" thick slices.
- Place the rolls in a well greased (8") pie pan in a circle.
- Let rise for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 360.
- Lightly beat the second measure of egg.
- Brush the cake with the beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.