Lemon Curd Coffee Cake1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Lemon Curd Coffee Cake
- 1Soak the yeast in the warm (105 degrees-115 degrees) water until dissolved.
- 2Add the sugar and mix well.
- 3Heat the sour cream until warm and to the yeast mixture along with the lemon rind and salt.
- 4Beat in the first measure of eggs.
- 5Add enough of the flour to make a soft dough.
- 6Beat the butter into the dough.
- 7Turn the dough onto a floured board and knead until smooth (6-7 minutes).
- 8Place the dough in a lightly buttered bowl.
- 9Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- 10Let rise until doubled in bulk (45-60 minutes).
- 11Punch down.
- 12Roll out on a floured board to form an 18" x 12" rectangle.
- 13Spread the lemon curd on the dough, leaving a 3/4" border on all sides.
- 14Carefully roll up the dough. Slice into 3 1/2" thick slices.
- 15Place the rolls in a well greased (8") pie pan in a circle.
- 16Let rise for about 30 minutes.
- 17Preheat oven to 360.
- 18Lightly beat the second measure of egg.
- 19Brush the cake with the beaten egg.
- 20Sprinkle with nuts.
- 21Bake for about 30 minutes.