Lemon Cheese Filled Cake
- 1 pkg
- butter recipe cake mix
- 3/4 c
- apricot nectar or peach nectar
- 1/4 c
- butter, softened
- 2 pkg
- (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1 c
- flaked coconut
How to Make Lemon Cheese Filled Cake
- 1In a large bowl, combine first 4 ingredients, beat as directed on cake mix package.
- 2Spoon into 10 inch greased and floured tube pan.
- 3In a small bowl, combine filling ingredients, which are lemon juice, coconut, sugar and cream cheese; beat until smooth.
- 4Spoon filling over batter in pan, being careful not to let it touch sides of pan.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes. Cool. Frost with a lemon frosting.
- 6Can use a Bundt cake pan.
Glaze for Bundt cake:
2 cups sifted powdered sugar
2 tbsps. lemon juice
2 tbsps. apricot or peach nectar
Combine all glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cake.