How to Make Lemon Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350
- 2In mixing bowl, cream 1 cup sugar and butter. Blend in eggs sand vanilla.
- 3In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into batter
- 4Stir baking soda into buttermilk and add to batter.
- 5Fold in grated lemon peel and poppy seeds,.
- 6Pour batter into a greased Bundt pan. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or til cake is golden brown and has a crevice in the middle
- 7Meanwhile, mix lemon juice (about 1 cup) and 3/4 cup sugar in pan and simmer over low heat til sugar dissolves.
- 8When cake is done, let stand for 5 minutes, then drizzle sweetened lemon juice slowly over the top til it’s all absorbed. Makes 10 servings.