Lemon Cake Pops
These are more time consuming than difficult. The most difficulty was getting the icing on the pops without them falling off the stick.
I packaged them real pretty and asked four friends to be my testers on the cake pops and brownie pops.
The picture is actually cake pops and brownie pops. I made both.
1 boxlemon cake mix
1 can(s)lemon frosting
1 pkgvanilla or chocolate bark
·candy sprinkles, colored sugar, chocolate jimmies (optional)
·cake pop sticks
How to Make Lemon Cake Pops
- Bake cake as directed on box. Cool completely.
- Crumble cake into large bowl.
- Mix cake crumbs thoroughly with 2/3 or up to 1 can of the frosting. Use hands or mixer.
- Roll mixture into little balls and place on cookie sheet lined with wax paper. I used a mini ice cream scooper to keep the balls uniform.
- Place cake balls in refrigerator and chill for several hours or 15 - 30 minutes in the freezer.
- After the cake balls are chilled, melt some of the bark according to directions; dip stick in the icing and place in the cake ball.
- Continue until all cake balls have sticks. Refrigerate again until sticks set (10-15 minutes)
- Melt rest of the bark, rolls cake balls in icing, carefully tap off extra icing
- If decorating with sprinkles, pearls or colored sugar, do so immediately after dipping in icing. The icing sets quickly.
- Push sticks into styrofoam block, space pops so they won't touch.
- Let cake pops set completely