Lemon Cake Pops
These are more time consuming than difficult. The most difficulty was getting the icing on the pops without them falling off the stick.
I packaged them real pretty and asked four friends to be my testers on the cake pops and brownie pops.
The picture is actually cake pops and brownie pops. I made both.
How to Make Lemon Cake Pops
- 1Bake cake as directed on box. Cool completely.
- 2Crumble cake into large bowl.
- 3Mix cake crumbs thoroughly with 2/3 or up to 1 can of the frosting. Use hands or mixer.
- 4Roll mixture into little balls and place on cookie sheet lined with wax paper. I used a mini ice cream scooper to keep the balls uniform.
- 5Place cake balls in refrigerator and chill for several hours or 15 - 30 minutes in the freezer.
- 6After the cake balls are chilled, melt some of the bark according to directions; dip stick in the icing and place in the cake ball.
- 7Continue until all cake balls have sticks. Refrigerate again until sticks set (10-15 minutes)
- 8Melt rest of the bark, rolls cake balls in icing, carefully tap off extra icing
- 9If decorating with sprinkles, pearls or colored sugar, do so immediately after dipping in icing. The icing sets quickly.
- 10Push sticks into styrofoam block, space pops so they won't touch.
- 11Let cake pops set completely