How to Make Lemon Cake Log
- 1In a mixing bowl, beat eggs & sugar until thick and smooth. Add water and lemon extract. combine the dry ingredients and stir to mix through. Stir into egg mixture just until combined.
- 2Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper and grease and dust with flour. Spread the cake mixture evenly in pan. Bake in pre-heated oven at 375º for 12-14 minutes. Turn cake out onto a cloth dusted with confectioner sugar. Peel off parchment paper. Now roll up the towel and cake starting from the long side. Place seam side down on cooling rack. Cool completely.
- 3When cooled unroll. Spread with raspberry jam then with lemon curd. Roll just the cake up this time and place seam side down on plate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 4When ready to serve dust with confectioners sugar and cut into slices. Serve with whole raspberries and a lemon slice. Garnish with mint leaves.
- 5You could frost with icing and sprinkle with coconut. Have done this version too. Makes the Lemon cake log real pretty.