How to Make Lemon Bread
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, beat the eggs with the milk, salad oil, and lemon peel.
- Add liquid mixture to the flour mixture: mix just until blended.
- Pour batter into a greased and flour-dusted 5 by 9 inch loaf pan. Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Prepare glaze. When bread finishes baking, use a long wooden-skewer to poke numerous holes to bottom of loaf. Drizzle the hot glaze over top so it slowly soaks into bread. Let bread cool in pan for 15 minutes; remove from pan and cool on a rack.
- Glaze: In a small pan, heat together 4 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1/3 cup sugar until sugar dissolves.
- This works well baking in smaller loaf pans. I like to make a double batch and bake in 5 small pans for 35-40 minutes at 350. I just divide the glaze between the 5 loaves. Enjoy!!