It is are deliciously rich layered pudding type desert and because of the crust I would call it a pie but most people refer to it as a dessert pudding. My my family and friends love it for any summer cook out and we are having it for Xmas. It is so rich if you have it more often than 4 times a year you will be gaining some weight.
Ingredients For la vonne's banana split pudding cake
graham crackers, crushed
pineapple juice (from the canned pineapples)
cherry juice (from the jarred cherries)
heavy whipping cream
pure vanilla extract
lemon (squeezed for the juice)
maraschino cherry juice (from the jarred cherries)
pineapple juice in natural juices (reserve from the canned pineapple all the juices)
TOPPING FOR CAKE
can crushed pineapples (juice drained off and set aside)
maraschino cherries: cut in half (juice reserved and set aside
pecans (chopped in small pieces)
walnuts (chopped in small pieces)
ripe bananas (cut into small coin slices)
How To Make la vonne's banana split pudding cake
1. Combine butter, pineapple juice & cherry juice well
2. Add the graham cracker crumbs and mix well
3. Grease a 9x14 pan with butter
4. Press the crumb crust into a butter greased pan and set aside
1. Mix on high the eggs, melted butter, heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract and confectioners sugar until a smooth lump free consistency is achieved
2. Add cut up banana and blend until smooth lump free consistency is achieved
3. Add juice from the jarred cherries, pineapple juices and 1/4 lemon to prevent the bananas from discoloring and blend until smooth.
4. Pour creamy sauce into the graham cracker crust
1. Top creamy sauce with 3/4 of banana coins, cherry pieces and crushed pineapples (reserving the remaining 1/4 of the fruit for the top of the whipped topping)
2. Top the fruit topped cream sauce with cool whip
3. Use juice of pineapples, and lemons on remaining 1/4 of the banana coins and coat well to prevent bananas from turning brown then place on top of the cool whip
4. Place cherry pieces and crushed pineapples on top of the cool whip
5. Sprinkle the dish with the nut pieces
6. Chill for 2-4 hours and is ready to serve.
7. Cut and enjoy the creamy, rich smoothness of this dessert.
Last Step: Don't forget to share!
Make all your friends drool by posting a picture of your finished recipe on your favorite social
network. And don't forget to tag Just A Pinch and include #justapinchrecipes so we can see it too!
Categories & Tags for La Vonne's Banana Split Pudding Cake: