★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 boxwhite cake mix
1 boxstrawberry jello (6oz)
2 boxfrozen sweetened strawberries (large)
1 smallcontainer of fresh strawberries
1 ptheavy cream, whipped
How to Make Kylene's Strawberry Cake
- Thaw frozen strawberries, drain over a bowl and save juice, then remove berries and set aside.
- Mix cake according to directions and bake.
- While cake is baking add strawberry juice and water if needed to make 2 cups, to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add strawberry jello and still until dissolved.
- Remove the cake from the oven, while still hot poke holes in the top with a fork and then put Jello/Strawberry juice over the top. Add the frozen strawberies. Spread them evenly over the top of the cake. Put in fridge and cool completely.
- Whip your heavy cream as you normaly would. Once cake is completely cooled frost with whipped cream and slice and place your fresh berries on top.
- Then get your knife and fork and close your eyes and taste something my daughter loves.